Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Yoga of Knitting

*Warning picture heavy post*

What a wonderful weekend. So much more than I ever could have expected! First - here are some of the pieces of inspiration that Karen brought to show us - her work is just amazing!












Karen couldn't have been a more wonderful, down to earth or knowledgeable person! She had us captivated by her knitting, and of course, when a few of the group couldn't resist asking about her acting!(yes those were real snakes in Indiana Jones) Here she is showing the technique to our group:

And then - the people! What an amazing bunch of knitters. We were together for what, 48 hours? I feel like I made a whole new group of friends. I tired to capture the 30+ of us knitting in a room - and it was difficult - but here we are:

Some of the gals there were SUCH a hoot! (Hi Lorraine! Hi Ann! Hi Lynda!) Lorraine is convinced that we should have a knitting TV show with me as the star.... the opening credits would have me riding up on my motorcycle - then showing how to knit sweaters, doing 'location' shoots at different yarn stores and fiber festivals - we were laughing SO hard at some of their ideas! I really felt a wonderful connection, and I already miss you all!

Here is our show and tell at the end of the weekend (can you pick out mine?) :

And, because I know the gals from the weekend will want to see this, here is the finished back of my Grandmother's sweater. Finished as the Super Bowl ended tonight:


Lots of yarn has moved into our house in the past week, but that will have to wait for another day. I'm tired! Off to bed for me.

5 comments:

said...

Looks like you had a hoot.

what fun...amazing things those swatches. AMAZING.

said...

Wow - a real live famous movie star com mega knitting diva - that would have been really interesting! Love the swatches too - did you learn heaps?

said...

Now I am sooo jealous! Maybe I need to look into having her come to our shop for a class. Hmmm, off to look into that.
OK, which one IS yours?

said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time!!!

said...

That looks like a really interesting class, although I must confess some of those pictures made me dizzy!

The sweater is looking wonderful too.