Sunday, January 29, 2006

Done Jaywalking!

Well, on Friday, I finished up my Jaywalkers! As Cara promised, the pattern is really fun... and although I enjoyed making them - I'm doubtful that I'll make 7 pairs! Crazy girl! Here are mine:


My details:
Pattern (do I really have to link?): Jaywalkers, larger size
Yarn: Kogiu KKPM 2.5 skiens
Needles: Size 0 Pony Pearls
Started: November 29th, 2005, Finished January 27, 2006

I love the way these fit - nice and snug. This is also my first pair of socks with Kogiu - and I wonder if next time, I'll use size 1 needles. I also thought I could make a full pair out of 2 skiens, but no luck. Unfortunately, when I bought all my Kogiu stash, I bought only 2 in each color. Next pair will have to be a shorter cuff to make it - thankfully I was able to back the my LYS and get one more of this color to finish these.

In other exciting crafting news, I'm going to pick up my Hibiscus quilt from the quilter today - and all that will be left is the binding. While I'm there - I'm going to give her the 2 twin quilts I made for mom - maybe they'll be done in time for her birthday!

8 comments:

said...

They look great, Cece! I think I shall have to start some soon.

said...

Those look great.

I love the purple bits.

said...

Beautiful socks! They look terrific. By the way, where do you purchase your Pony needles. My mom had some and I like them. They have a weight on the inside of the needle for balance and they are great to use. Hope all is well with you. Chris

said...

Hey Cece, they look great, I wore my bright pink socks on the weekend they are so comfortable.

said...

Gorgeous! You're all signed up for the sock-a-month knitalong. You can't get "J" credit for January, but I will give you a little brownie point star and a shout out on my blog today. Thanks for playing!

said...

I think Jaywalkers are going to be my February socks for the KAL. I have some Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock to use. Yours are great!

said...

Beautiful colorway! Like a tropical vacation somewhere! Would you like these to appear in the gallery?

said...

Love the colors! I might just have to make some Jaywalkers in that color as well!