Monday, September 26, 2005

Clapotis, she's fini!

I'm sure we all remember the yarn quest I had to go on to finish this project! I have been a bad blogger, and even though I finished knitting this up about a week and a half ago, I just got around to taking pictures this weekend. The first picture the color difference in the two skiens is GLARINGLY obvious. Thing is, in real life, it isn't that bad. And I even consulted with numerous people (all my knitting pals, my husband, my mother, pretty much anyone who would give it a look.) It has gone from a color difference to a 'design element'. In the end, I was more concerned about finishing it with the same type of yarn, and less about a perfect color match.

This second picture - my husband trying to be 'artsy'. I'm standing in the front garden, on the edge of a retaining wall, with a funny look on my face because I'm nervous I'm going to tip over. The sacrifices I make for my blog! But in this shot, you can't see the color line at all.

Details. The pattern is Clapotis from Knitty (which I'm not even going to link to, because really, do I need to?), made out of beautiful Brooks Farm Yarn that I got while shopping at Stitches Midwest Market with Chris. I used size 7 needles. I think it came out really well - and this scarf/shawl is yet another reason why I need to have a black jacket for the fall/winter. I have so many wonderful and bright colored scarves, I don't want my jacket to 'clash' with them. I'm sure all you other knitters do the same sorts of things - buying clothes to go with handknitted items - fess up!

Now that I'm back from vacation, I'm back to working out in the morning - but this morning had a little twist. My first day at the pool! I signed up for lap swim 3 times a week at the high school. I'm not going to let my rather slow swimming this morning deter from the fact I'm back in the water, and I'm going to pop a few advil and ignore my sore muscles... and keep reminding myself that I am doing this for my health - and not worry that my swimming is probably the slowest I have been since the age of 8. I'm sad that I have to go to Chicago for work Wednesday - Friday, as I'll miss 2 days of swimming ( but am already planning on bringing workout clothes and using the hotel gym).

7 comments:

said...

Very nice clappy! I love the color. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Check back tomorrow to see what the hot pink frills are...

Tanya

said...

The clapitos looks great, I have wool tucked away to make one, I don't know if I will get to it this year though, I have so much knitting to get through for Christmas, and I have started knitting items for Donni for her stalls in exchange for imported wools...good deal I reckon.

said...

Lovely, lovely! Almost makes me want to make one with my BFY. But my friend made a cardigan with hers and it's gorgeous, so I am thinking I will see if I can get a cardigan out of my two skeins too.

said...

She looks quite lovely, and would go stunning with a black jacket. I definitely shop for my hand knits, I mean why not after putting all that time and effort into them. Oh how I do love swimming, it's really a great exercise!

said...

The clap looks lovely on you...okay, you know what I mean.

Beware the black jacket and the Brooks Farm yarn. If it has any mohair content, it may be a bit sheddy. I have a clap in Brooks Farm Duet. Ask me how I know this. ;)

said...

Your Clappy looks great, especially in the arty shot! I love that deep color, it's perfect for fall. I'm thinking about starting to swim for exercise, you can let me know if you have any tips.

said...

I'm working on my right now....
yours looks great!!