Friday, October 07, 2005

Titled Jacket Fashion Show

Well - here she is! Complete and fabulous, if I do say so myself.



I love this sweater! Here are the details:
Pattern: Titled Jacket from Interweave Knits
Yarn: Emmanuella from Goddess Yarn
Needle size: 7

I really enjoyed knitting this. The pattern is interesting, and the yarn was SO wonderful to work with! And it fits just right. I love the neck, and the arms, and even the thing I got to use as a closure. I'm also very glad I decided to go with the dark grey color. I usually knit in very bright and bold colors - but this jacket told me it needed to be something I could wear with anything. I'm so pleased with it! Even though it's grey, I think it is a beautiful grey (does that make sense?)

The sleeves are raglen shaping, so I was very nervous that it was going to be too short. For once, I decided to just blindly follow the pattern and see what the result would be. We - here you have it:


They are perfect! And then, here is a close up of the closure:


Ok - gotta get in the car and head to work. If you are lucky enough to be heading to Rhinebeck you'll get to see this sweater in person - I hope the weather is conducive to be wearing it without melting!

7 comments:

said...

Gorgeous!! I love it. Hmmm, maybe I need to make a Tilted jacket along with my Tilt cardigan?

Enjoy the trip, remember, What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! Don't run off with a Ellis!

said...

Oh it turned out fabulous! The fit is just right, I'm so happy for you. And the color is perfect for that type of garment, you will get a lot of mileage out of that sweater!

said...

Oh wow...so gorgeous! Love the color and the stitch pattern. If Vegas weather is like Phoenix, you probably won't get a chance to wear the sweater. Still hot here :(

said...

I've loved that sweater since I got my issue...I really like the color you chose. Considering the weather we're having in New England this week, I would imagine you'll be able to wear it next weekend. Enjoy!

said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous work. The closure is so unique! I would love to see a closeup of the stitchwork on the front, too, it looks like it was not too complicated, just enough to make it look great. I hope that you get a lot of wear out of it this winter.

said...

Gorgeous sweater! Looking forward to seeing it and you at Rhinebeck!

said...

Cece, I love the jacket it is a great versatile colour. How was Las Vegas.