Friday, September 09, 2005

Weekend!

I am looking forward to the weekend after the whirlwind of a business trip I just returned from. My trip to Chicago certainly shed light on my new job! I'm going to be super busy for about the next 6 months, trying to pull the group that I'm taking over out of the crisis it's currently in. Surprisingly, I'm not nervous. I think I'm up to the challenge, mostly because the people who will be working with me seem pretty great, and want me to succeed.... plus they have a vested interest in helping me succeed! Always important to have those sorts of people on your side.

I did get some knitting done on the trip. I'm about half-way through the back of the Tilted Jacket, and I hope it is cool enough at Rhinebeck to wear it! I'm going no matter what - and hopefully can drag some of my knitting gals with me.

I don't think that I'm strong enough to resist the temptation to cast on for Samus. I already have the exact yarn I would use sitting in my stash. The designer has size options for me, so I don't even need to upsize! As she states in her blog, this design is very similar to Kepler, which although I liked, the largest chest measurement was 43 inches, (too small for my comfort) and I tend to be more of a cardigan gal anyway (I need the temperature control, being such a hot blooded gal) Although, I also admit, I really should finish the sleeves on Bpt. Remember, I started that in November of last year? All is needs is sleeves!

Oh yeah, and shall I also mention? I promised to start Eris with my friend Suzanne when she moves in next weekend! She'll be staying with us for a while as she looks for a place to lives and settles into her new job. I live in knitting buddy, how cool?! Maybe I can convince her to make Samus instead.

4 comments:

said...

Wow, those are some great upcoming projects. I really liked Samus too, and am putting it on my list of things to do. I too liked Kepler but they just weren't large enough sizes. A live in knitting buddy, how much fun.

said...

Oh great, you get a knitting buddy in house! Not fair.

said...

ARRRGH, will you just finish the flippin tilted jacket already, before dumbly starting a new project???? your finishing friend, amanda

said...

I can't resist the call of Samus either. I had started Eris but that thing has been languishing untouched for a while yet. I like the lines of Samus better and I have the yarn in stash to do it.