Monday, September 12, 2005

I went to the gym.

That's right. For the first time in ages, I actually got up early, and worked out. And it felt great. I used to work out all the time. It was a huge priority in my life (well, duh, I did an Ironman triathlon). Other things have gotten in the way. And my life has changed direction. And, because I've done so much hard core physical stuff, I never feel that 30 minutes on an elliptical trainer is 'enough'. I got over that is weekend. I don't know what made it happen, but a light switched on, and I'm just going to go to the gym like normal people. Use an aerobics machine for 30 minutes, and then go home. Not going to worry about training for a race, or being able to run a marathon, just going to go and work out - to get healthy and lower my stress level. Then we'll see where it takes me.

In knitting news, thanks to the comment from my friend Amanda 'ARRRGH, will you just finish the flippin tilted jacket already, before dumbly starting a new project???? ', I did not start any new projects this weekend. I worked on the back of the Tilted Jacket, and am almost to the raglan decreases. I would have posted a picture, but instead I went to the gym. Oh well - maybe tomorrow. Trust me, it isn't that different from any of the other pictures of this project.

1 comments:

said...

sorry for being such a hardass, but you will be happy to have the tilted jacket finished because it is AWESOME. also, nice work on getting up early. it's not easy to do!yippeee!!! amanda