Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Pictures

This morning was day two of going to the gym, but I managed to snap off a few shots before I left. First, is the progress on the Tilted jacket. I have about an inch to go before I start decreasing for the left raglan sleeve. This jacket is designed in a 'different' way - worked from the sides over... so you start out with 93 stitches, increase to 153... work the middle of the back, and then decrease back down to 93. I'm really interested to see what the whole thing looks like when I get it together. Right now, I'm having trouble visualizing it. The pictures in IK don't really show the whole sweater (big surprise)!

This next picture is of the yarn I got from Brooks Farms. Sherry, the owner and 'dyer' really went above and beyond the call of duty to help me find a yarn that at least comes close to matching with what I bought. As you can see here, it's a little lighter than the original, but I've decided that close is better than nothing at all. Plus - it's already got variations throughout - due to the fact that it is hand-dyed! I'm excited that she was able to come this close, honestly.

1 comments:

said...

Sorry, I don't seem to have your email, but I wanted to let you know I finished the Circus socks (with the yarn you so kindly sent me for SP4, after my original SP bailed...)

Thanks again, they were quick and fun!