Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Random Thoughts...

I just realized that I have a bunch of things that I keep on forgetting to blog about. One really doesn't have anything to do with the other, so I'll just blurt it all out (Cate-style).

1. I forgot to blog about my Blog's birthday! It was on August 23rd. Happy Birthday, blog! I've had a lot of fun this past year!

2. My own birthday is soon. I turn 30(!) on September 18th. I'm taking the WHOLE week off after to just chill out at home. I really can't wait - it's my first vacation since November. No big plans, I'm sure I'll be knitting and playing with the dogs... maybe some yarn shopping? Probably some wall painting.

3. I have sent my Clapotis to Brooks Farm to see if they can find a yarn even somewhat close to what I bought at Stitches Midwest so I can finish it. They looked already for an exact match and have nothing left in my exact dye lot. I wonder if this is normal? People sending half-knit items still on the needles to a yarn seller?

Now for non-knitting stuff...

4. I'm really appreciating love and friends lately. I have been very lucky with the way both have turned out for me. I'm often amazed that I have Aaron, and that I love him so much. It's been over 4 years that we've been together, and every day I can't wait to get home to be with him, to cuddle in bed at night, and just knowing he is around makes me smile. Who knew?

And my friends, same thing! I have friends who are just great for me... and hopefully I'm just as great for them. We share the same interests, like to go fun places together, and have supported each other through both good and bad times. Not too shabby.

5. Aaron's uncle came over the other night for dinner, and we were talking about a mutual friend. I was saying how much I liked him, because he is so laid back. Andy mentioned he may appear that way, but on the inside, he is in chaos. I thought that was so interesting - that you can show such a different face to the world than how you are feeling inside. And he said - the closer the match between who you project to the outside world, and who you are on the 'inside', the healthier (mentally) you will be. Andy called it 'transparent self'.

Me, personally, I'm an open book. I let my feelings out (good or bad). This isn't something that has come totally naturally, I have certainly worked on being able to do that (Aaron and I even made a relationship 'rule' about it!). I can see where he is coming from. I've been through some tough times in my life, and have managed to pull through.. and I watch other people go through things that don't seem too bad, and the experience totally breaks them. I wonder if it's because they have huge amounts of inner turmoil? For some, I'm sure it's a chemical tendency towards depression. But others? I have no answers, but it's been on my mind ever since we talked.

6. I'm addicted to Su Doku.

That's it for today... maybe pictures of the Tilted Jacket tomorrow!

4 comments:

said...

What a thoughtful post today, very interesting to read. I hope your Clapotis has a safe journey back to you, with hopefully closely matching yarn.

said...

Have a great birthday week off, my birthday is 15 September, I have 16 years on you though. Have a great day on the 18th.

said...

Hi Cece,

We are in the first day of spring today 1 September, when does your fall start???? I was lead to believe that your seasons don't change until 21st of the month.

said...

sudoku... droooool...
amanda