Wednesday, August 24, 2005

It's a sad tale...

Of a girl who ran out of yarn. I worry about running out of yarn often. But I never do (mostly because of my loose knitting style). Well, time to make my sacrifices to the yarn goddess! I've been happily knitting along on my Clapotis, and I had made it to the decreases. I was knitting in my 'knitting chair' (in know that everyone out there has their own knitting chair - mine is an oversized leather recliner), so the ball wasn't in plain sight. All of a sudden, NO MORE YARN! Bleh. Here is where I am now:
The story doesn't end there. I haul myself out of the chair to find the ball band, so I can order more yarn. LOST THE BAND. Bah. I dig through my desk (with my husband watching, saying anything I can do to help? as I mutter and curse). I dig through my car, my suitcases.... you get the idea. NO band. I call Brooks Farm Yarn, she says to send her a piece about a yard long. So I rip out some of the shawl and send it to her with a desperate note. Yesterday, I'm at work. Decide it's time to clean my desk. I pick up my keyboard. What do you think is there?

The ballband. Scared my colleges with my exclamation. Now, we just have to hope that the nice lady from Brooks Farm can find me some more of that yarn!

4 comments:

said...

Oh no! Well, you gave it the ole college try. Just think, you will now have leftovers from the new skein. What will you do with it?
chrisknits
who still hasn't even use the 1st skein she picked up at the Brooks Farm booth visit in 2004.

said...

We will keep our fingers cross for you. IT's looking quite lovely though.

said...

The way Clapotis is posed in your pictures, I thought you had knit a weird one shoulder dress with weird trinkets on the top! Oh, I do hope they can find some more yarn for you. The color is really pretty, ripping back looks like it would be painful with all the dropped stitches dropped.

said...

OK, you suck up, email me your snail addy and the heathery one is yours. Lined with pockets?
chrisknitz at insightbb.com