Thursday, August 25, 2005

My little secret...

If I'm stuck in hours upon hours of conference calls at work... I will book myself a conference room and knit! I made all this progress on the second Sockapaltwoza pal during a 3.5 hour marathon conference call:

I'm hoping that will be done by the end of this week so I have finished socks for Alison's weekly post.

And, it's a good thing that I got to knit at work, since I have made the decision to begin removing the wallpaper from the upstairs and downstairs hall (which includes the stairwell). Now, many may think, good for you Cece, good to have a nice weekend home improvement project. Well, my house has proved to me that it LOVES it's wallpaper. It feels NAKED without the wallpaper. Let's just reflect for a minute back on the wallpaper removal of the dining room. Where it took 4 hours to finish half a wall. My walls don't shed wallpaper easily.

You can understand my trepidation at starting with such a big wallpaper removal project. I was anticipating multiple layers of wallpaper that had been stuck directly to the wallboard. Imagine my joy and excitement when I find that not only is there only one layer of wallpaper, but that the wall was previously PAINTED. It's heaven I tell you, heaven. I don't even have to use the steamer. I finished removing all the wallpaper in both the upstairs and downstairs hall over the last 2 nights. Maybe a combined 4 hours of wallpaper removal. With very few areas that I'm going to have to go back and spackle. Have I mentioned I'm happy with this development?

This weekend, I'll set up a sort of scaffolding device to get the paper off the stairwell, and I'll be good to go! Who ever thought I could get this excited about wallpaper removal?!

In other, very exciting Cece news, my roommate from college, Suzanne, got a job in Boston! She is moving to my neck of the woods! I'm so happy about this, I can't even explain. We were roommates for 2 years, and I love her. While she is looking for a place, she will be staying with Aaron and I - which makes it even better. Yippee!

Tonight, my knitting gals are coming over for dinner and a bit of knitting. Plus - show and tell of all the yarn we have gotten on our various travels. It'll be a blast.

2 comments:

said...

Oh Cece I'm so very sorry about your pooch, we'll be thinking of you. Abner is doing better, he was chewing on the vet tech's arm, so that's good (he chews on my arm as a loving thing). We're still not out of the woods, but hopefully tonight will be some good news about his blood work.

Thank you too for your comments yesterday, I really, really appreciated them.

said...

Oops, found it!
chrisknits