Friday, July 01, 2005

Trip to Maine - a two part series

I just got back from my trip with (most of) the Butterfly girls (Sooz wasn't able to come this time, we are dragging her with us next time!). We had a BLAST. We busted in on Bonnie's vacation in Ogunquit - such a great place. It reminded me again that you can go on a really great vacation close to home!

We arrived on Weds night, and went to the Lobster Pound for dinner. I. LOVE. LOBSTER. As usual, Laurie was cracking us up - here she is doing her impression of the rare Lobsterbird:


lobster bird Posted by Picasa

We then walked around town, where I found this most perfect cookie jar. Honestly, how could I resist? This is now in our kitchen holding dog cookies!


cookie Posted by Picasa

The next day we woke up pretty early, beginning out day with Crabby Benny's (Crab Cake Eggs Benedict), and then went to pillage yarn stores. Some of us pillaged more than others, but I'm going to save the stash enhancement that I did until tomorrow - but I'll give you a preview - I got some great yarn, and some awesome bead stuff.

I can't sign off tonight with out giving a shout out to my awesome SP5. I arrived home to a GREAT package. I opened it up to find sparkle bath salts, Knit Picks Sock yarn AND Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud, along with a awesome lace shawl pattern, some chocolate, and bath soap. Even the card she enclosed was neat - it had a book mark as the pretty decoration on the front!


pal Posted by Picasa

I've certainly got enough yarn to keep me going through the summer! Thanks SP5! You are tooooo good to me!

1 comments:

said...

So glad you got the package before the holiday weekend! Glad you liked everything! Your SP5