Friday, July 29, 2005

Tagged

For the first time, I've been tagged by a Meme. Anne got me. And since I'm not ready admit how many projects I have started in the last few days, let's distract you with this:

Ten Years Ago

What is that, 1995? Let's see. I was in my junior year in college - away on a term abroad in Wales, and having a blast. Getting up at 8 AM for a class seemed like hard work. Oh, how I wish I had relished those days more than I did!

Five Years Ago

My life was a huge mess. I had just gotten out of a horrible relationship in which the guy charged over $15,000 to my credit cards without me knowing. I was on my own, sad, miserable, living by myself in a place where I knew no one at all. I was hanging on by a thread. (thankfully, less than 2 months later, I pulled myself up by my bootstraps got myself a puppy. That forced me to leave my apartment and actually talk to people again. A few months after THAT, I met Aaron. The rest is history)

One year ago
I had just gotten married in May, and was enjoying the bliss of life being great! I was actually realizing how great things were, and how wonderful life is that it can go from complete crap to perfectly wonderful in a matter of months.

Today
Normal day. Got up, showered, played with dogs. Got to work, and since it's Friday, Aaron and I will have 'date night' - probably go to the movies.

Tomorrow
Probably sleep in a little. Then, we are planning on going for a motorcycle ride with our friend Ross, and maybe I'll hit the Lowell Folk Festival.

5 snacks I enjoy:
Chocolate, potato chips, nachos, granola, cheese.

5 bands/singers that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs:
Guns and Roses, James Taylor, Indigo Girls, Garth Brooks, Simon and Garfunkle. (reading that back, how freaking RANDOM is that collection?)

5 Things I would do with $100,000,000
Pay off my mortgage and other assorted debts. Quit my job, and spend the extra time volunteering. Don't know exactly what I would volunteer for but the short list would include The Boys and Girls Club, and Rosie's Place.

5 locations I'd like to run away to:
My house (can you run away to your own house?). My families cabin in the Berkshires. Olgunquit, ME. One of the San Juan Islands of the coast of Washington State. If it wasn't a forever run, maybe Wales (but I wouldn't want to move to another country to stay).

5 bad habits I have:
Sitting in front of the TV and knitting for hours. Not doing laundry for long stretches, then doing it, and not putting it away. Leaving garbage in my car. Planning on working out, and getting distracted from it WAY to easily. Every once in a while, turning into a hermit and not wanting to see anyone except Aaron.

5 things I like doing:
Pretty much anything with Aaron, knit and/or quilting nights with friends, swimming (more so in ponds than oceans or pools), dog walks, and fancy home-cooked dinners.

5 things I would never wear:
Pretty much anything with lace. A dress. Short Skirts. High Heels. A bikini.

5 TV shows I like:
CSI, Cold Case, Without a Trace, Lost, Any of the Law and Orders.

5 movies I like:
Muppets Take Manhatten, A League of Their Own, Finding Nemo, The Wizard of Oz, and (for this summers favorite, so far, if you can believe it) Batman Begins.

5 famous people I'd like to meet:
Hmm. This is a hard one. I'd like to have a sit down with George Bush. I'd like to have lunch with Lance Armstrong. I'd like to have one of those famous home makeover people come over and give me some tips. There are a bunch of 'famous' knitters that I'd like to hang out with. The last one.... um maybe Johnny Depp?

5 biggest joys at the moment:

Time on weekends with Aaron when I'm not working
Watching Abby and Henry play
Knitting
Picking out the next home improvement project
Friends

5 favorite toys:
My Motorcycle (especially on a day like this, sunny, cool in the morning, perfect ride to work), my yarn, my new computer (my huband builds computers, and gave me a SUPER nice one), my DVR, my sewing machine.

2 comments:

said...

Explain to me - what does it mean when you are tagged?

said...

Hey Pal, You should be recieving a little package any day now!!! I loved reading your meme!

SP5