Thursday, July 28, 2005

Mama's got a brand new bag

I finished a new knitting bag last night in quilting class! I found the fabric thanks to a mention on someone's blog (can't remember who sorry!) at Virginia Quilter's. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the blobs of color - those are skiens of yarn! And the black and white fabric has little knitting terms all over it (K1, PSSO, etc).

I used a 'pinwheel' pattern that our teacher showed us, and I love it:


new knitting bag Posted by Picasa

Bringing it to work today! I also made another, larger one for my SP5 as her final present from me... but I'm not going to show it here, in the slim chance that she reads my blog.

7 comments:

said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!

said...

seriously FABULOUS knitting bag....wow!
Greta

said...

Impressive! Your Secret Pal will love it.

said...

How fabulous! But dang they're all out of that fabric!!

Really great bag though :) --Sara
www.glbt-knit.com/saras

said...

Fabulous bag! I love it. With all this sewing going around blogland, I'm going to have to go back to it and make myself a bag :)

said...

Nope the spinning thing won't interfere at all, I promise! Although my mom and dad's afghan might. Although I'm nearly done with the frist strip, so I doubt that will either. PLus I really want to try colorwork so I can decide whether or not to use my anniversary present from Nick (a gift certificate to my LYS)for yarn for an afghan for me or yarn for a Dale sweater.

said...

I''ll be back. Later :)