Monday, August 01, 2005

I must admit...

There is a bit of startitis going on here at Chez FiberFish. It's been happening for a while, but took me a bit to get around to admitting it. I was going to make up for not telling sooner by showing off fun pictures of the WIP's... but my camera isn't cooperating this morning. So, just telling what is happening will have to do for now.

First on the list (and the one I'm currently obsessed with) is the Flower Basket Shawl from IK. I actually cast on for this the minute I saw the pattern back in February (with yarn from my SP4). If you have been reading this blog for a while, you will note all of the activity that was going on in the early part of this year (oh, I don't know, like BUYING A HOUSE!). I ripped it out. But always kept it in the back of my mind as something I wanted to make. And, after seeing all the great completed FBSs in blogland - I finally succumbed. Mine is in a crazy bright orange mohair that I found in a sale bin. 2 balls, with an insane amount of yardage for $10. I'm actually close to finishing this! I'm already over the amount of repeats the pattern calls for, but want it a little bigger.

Next is a sock for Kristi. I'm test knitting another design for her. These are knit out of Koigu (sweet yarn) in a neat colorway... which is a 'not usually my style' mix of colors, tan with specks of green, blue and pink. I'm all of about 3 inches into the leg of the first sock.

Finally, I'm still working on the Tilted Jacket, and am close to the raglan shaping on the first sleeve. I'm loving the pattern - it is SO fun and interesting!

Hope everyone has a happy Monday. I have plans tonight for dinner at a girlfriend's house, so I'm excited for that. If my camera is up and alive, maybe you'll get some pictures tomorrow.

3 comments:

said...

Man, that Startitis can be bad. You need to get vaccinated for it. And then you need to follow up with more shots to keep your immune system working. Hope you can get the help you need. But I doubt you will find the cure at Stitches!
chrisknits

said...

OH that Startitis kills us all the time. I started a crazy quilt this weekend. Basically each week on Sunday I am going to knit a square from one of my Barbara Walker Treasury pattern books, and then make myself afghans from them.

For some reason my projects just aren't calling to me, the shawl and vest. I hope to finish my square tonight and then start on my mom and dad's second strip for their afghan.

Hey how about starting the IK project say August 20?

said...

What a great lineup of WIPs. Looking forward to seeing pictures! (The startitis will pass, I'm sure....)