Saturday, July 09, 2005

It's all going according to plan.....

Well, actually, it isn't - but my scarf did! Last night, Aaron and I went to the movies and saw the Fantastic 4. Since I was anticipating it not being the greatest movie (and I was right, by the way), I cast on for something easy. I've had this yarn for a while - a gift from one of my old college friends who came to visit. (Forgive the makeup free, shiny forehead, I've had a long day picture)


keyhole scarf Posted by Picasa

And since it was so fun and easy, I figured I'd share the pattern with you.

Cece's Keyhole Scarf:

Materials: Size 13 needles, One skein Lamb's Pride Super Bulky

Cast on 15 stitches.
Work in K1 P1 rib for approx 105 rows

Then, on next row, continue in pattern for 7 stitches. Cast off one stitch
From other end of skein, continue in pattern for remaining 7 stitches.

Continue in this fashion (working both ends of the skein) for 14 rows.

Break the yarn for the 'other end of the skein', and knit in pattern with the original yarn for 6 stitches. Knit into the front and back of the next stitch.

Continue in pattern until the end of the row.

Work the k1 p1 rib for another 35 rows (or until the ends of the scarf are even when pulled through the keyhole). Cast off. Weave in ends. Viola!

It felt good to have a quick project that I actually finished in a night. And I liked how it turned out.

In non-knitting news, I spent most of the day at work, where someone ELSE's project messed up mine, and forced us to be at work for over 12 hours. I did managed to leave a bit early, but not for a good reason - Aaron was in the ER with a finger injury - let's just it involved a power tool, and 5 stitches. He's ok - no worries. More pissed at himself for doing it, actually.

4 comments:

said...

Sorry it wasn't a great day, but hooray for quick and easy projects!
Chrisknits

said...

Great scarf CeCe, that is one huge bowl of sangria.

said...

Hey CeCe, It's you SP5. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you! Yum, that sangria looks good!

said...

Poor Aaron! How's his hand feeling?