Friday, June 03, 2005

My Pal Hits!

So, I got home last night to a package from my SP5! It is AWESOME!


Secret Pal5 Posted by Hello

There is some BEAUTIFUL lilac Wildfoote sock yarn and size 0 pony pearls (which I have trouble finding), some great grapey purple Lambs Pride worsted (for a fun felted bag is what I'm thinking!) and a neat sheep pez dispenser.

Oh. And Hurricane Drink mix. Which my SP5, in a very politically correct way, mentioned could be made WITHOUT alcohol. Yeah. I opened the package at 5:15. Amanda and I were making rum drinks by 5:20. And nope - no pictures.

I'm actually planning on casting on for some socks right away out of the Lilac yarn - I have never seen such a wonderful purple sock yarn!! And, since she also sent me the needles, I don't have to go digging around for my size 0's (which are never in a set, because one always gets broken).

Thanks!

Last night with my knitterly friends was a lot of fun. The hurricanes (or as we called them, Toxic Kool-aid) were a hit, my dinner turned out pretty well, and as usual, knitting with friends was a great time. And - Amanda got to finally meet the Butterfly gang. She fits right in.

4 comments:

said...

Lovely things, you have a very good Secret Pal. I'm incredibly jealous though of the Pez Dispenser.

I think I finally will have to invest in some size 0's, I have several skeins of wildfoote and size 1 just isn't cutting it.

said...

Ah ha! You are so welcome. So glad the box got to you in one piece. I take it the Hurricanes were good? I just couldn't resist, I myself love the umbrella drinks...highly charged as it were. I'm already at work on box two, baby...let me know if there's something you need! Love, Your SP5

said...

Ah ha! You are so welcome. So glad the box got to you in one piece. I take it the Hurricanes were good? I just couldn't resist, I myself love the umbrella drinks...highly charged as it were. I'm already at work on box two, baby...let me know if there's something you need! Love, Your SP5

said...

ooooh very neat presents from your pal! I'm so glad I joined in this go 'round. Now to buy something for my pal.