Monday, June 06, 2005

Hot.

So, we have seemed to skipped right past spring in summer! It was in the high 80's IN MY HOUSE yesterday. Although it was super hot, it was fun to watch Henry try and figure out how to cool off and pant. He doesn't have the hang of it yet, but he'd better figure it out soon!

This weekend, I did get a bit of knitting done. No pictures, though. Maybe tonight!? I finished the Pinwheel Blanket - and was in the process of sewing in the ends, when I dropped my needle. For most, this no big deal. I, on the other hand, sit in a recliner that eats things. Once it falls past the main cushion, you can say good bye. I dug around trying to get it for a while, and finally gave up.

But, since I technically finished something, I allowed myself to start 2 new things. That makes sense, right? (say nothing of the Flame cardi. I'll get back to it, I swear). Plus, I used only the new yarn my Pal sent me, which I should use right away to show her how much I love it, right? First, I started a pair of socks using a pattern from the Opal sock of the month club. It's the Bar-8 Cable sock, and is turning out really neat. The Lilac Wildfoote is great to work with. Then, when it got a little annoying with working cables on size 0 needles, I switched to making the Sophie Bag from Magknits. I think I'm the last one to jump on this bandwagon, but better late than never, right?

Here is my list of WIPs (to keep me honest)

1. The Flame Cardi
2. The Bar-8 Cable sock
3. The Sophie Bag
4. The Fairisle sweater for my ethnic knitting class (which, lets get real here, probably won't get much attention until the summer passes, or we get more air conditioners)

And coming soon, I'm test knitting a pattern for Kristi. She needs it done by 6/15, so that will go to the top of the list when I get the pattern.

1 comments:

said...

Yea, what about that Flame? Mine went back ten inches. Going nowhere fast.
chrisknits