Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I don't need no stinking cable needle

I've been slowly working on my cabled socks. I've never made a pair of socks with quite so MANY cables, and it quickly became apparent why - you'll totally lose your mind making cables with size 0 needles and fingering weight yarn. Before I ripped the whole thing out, I decided to go ahead and maybe take this a good chance to learn something new.

I'd read about it before. Making cables sans cable needle. And actually, didn't seem all that hard. But never had a reason to try until now. And after a few issues (dropped stitches, mostly) it clicked! And made knitting these socks, although still a bit tedious, more fun. Not SUPER fun mind you, but MORE fun. Here is my progress so far:


sock and beaded crochet Posted by Hello

You'll notice in the picture that there is also a kit for a beaded tube bracelet. Amanda has been making these (and selling them) like a fiend. So, I have become interested. Not totally ready to make the leap, mind you, but I now own two beaded crochet books and a kit. I'm getting closer.

3 comments:

said...

Sock looks great, I am going to try my hand at knitting socks this year (hopefully in the next couple of weeks). It is nice to read another persons blog with similar interests, I find some people bag me for knitting and riding motorcycles.

said...

oh, MAN, that would be hard on my eyes with those teeeensy tiny needles! Gorgeous, though, love the purple ;)
Beading can be VERY addictive...
can't wait to see how that bracelet turns out!
Hugs,
Greta

said...

Wow those look great. I'm glad you gave them a second chance! --Your SP5