Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I did stuff.

OK. Scary but true, I'm actually getting a bit of my life back! I feel like work has chewed me up and spit me out, but the good news is that I've come through it in one (albeit messy) piece.

Yesterday, here is the astonishing list of Stuff I Did:

- Ordered the dog food bins that hold 100 pounds of food, so we stop storing the dog food in the basement where it sometimes gets wet, and then moldy, and then has to be thrown away
- Picked up paint for finishing painting the dining room. We have such a small amount of touch up work to do in there, it stupid that we haven't finished it yet
- Also got white paint to finish working on the bathroom vanity
- Got my car fixed. The brake lights were always on. Nice and safe when driving in Metro Boston traffic. It was just a switch! Covered by warranty! Nice.
- Finally admitted to my Doggie Daycare lady (who lives an hour from me) that the drive is too much for me to do 3 times a week, and arranged for a dog walker in town to come and pick the dogs up 2 times a week. That not only cuts my commute from 1.5 hour one way on doggie daycare days to 20 minutes, but allows me to ride my motorcycle to work on those days!
- Finished an awesome book I've been reading- Good in Bed, by Jennifer Weiner. Anyone who isn't a size 2 should read this book. It's one of the best books I've read in a while. I stayed up past midnight reading - which I haven't done in ages.
- Picked up Flame!

The funny thing is, that the errands I ran, when stuck all together, probably took all of an hour to do. But I've been so out of control lately, that I couldn't even find the time to squeeze those things in my day. I hate it when life get's like that.

So, now that I've finished the Heatwave socks, and decided that the Bar 8 Cable socks should be an 'at work' and/or traveling project (since I learned how to cable without a cable needle, but that is for another post), I'm back on Flame. I've almost made it to the part where I start decreasing for the v-neck. Still haven't gotten more yarn, but I trudge along.

Tonight, for the first time in months, I'm going to going to knitting night at my LYS. I'm really looking forward to it!



What a fruitful day! oh my goodness you drove an hour to take your dogs to daycare. Well I'm sure they'll be just as hapyp to stay at home and have a dogwalker come. That's really a long commute, especially with gas prices the way they are.

Hope you have a great time at your knit night.