Monday, May 23, 2005

A quilting post!

Here is the block that was causing me so much angst. My group of quilting friends gets together every two weeks for a 'class'. Although we do pay our friend who is a teacher to 'teach' us - most of us just get together to sew - and get advice from Karen from time to time. Karen came up with the round robin idea - where we make our own block, and then each person in the group adds on to it.

I was given the log cabin block - and added the paper pieced edges:


Paper piecing Posted by Hello

As I'm not a fan of paper piecing, this was rather painful - but I do like how it turned out.

No knitting done today...and I'm off to bed. I got a new book to read on recommendation from my Uncle - Waiting by Ha Jin. Although I am missing Aaron (who gets big 'long distance sweetie' points - he sent me flowers at the office), it'll be nice to be able to read for as long as I want tonight. He always begs me to turn off the light.

1 comments:

said...

I forgot to offer my condolences yesterday. Got on a tangent thinking about that puppy.
Paper piecing, how I love it! But it can be a bear. I have a Round Robin from my Guild days that I just love. I will try to get a pic of it to show.
chrisknits