Monday, May 23, 2005

Here I am

Sorry I've been gone for so long. On Monday night, my grandfather died. I wasn't going to blog about it, and still don't want to say too much... but he was 101. And yes he lived a long life. Hearing that and saying that to myself doesn't make it any better. It was so strange getting together with the family without him there - he left a big space. One of my cousins said to him once (when he was little, and innocent enough to ask questions like that), 'Grandpa - who will be you when you are gone?' And someone reminded us of that question at the funeral - and gave the answer - we all will.

In addition to Grandpa, my good friend Paula's father died on Friday, and my mother is putting down her 13 year old Boxer today. So sadness abounds. But - this too shall pass.

On the brighter side of life, Aaron and I celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary yesterday! It was a perfect day. We went out for brunch, took a few dog walks together, went for some spa treatments (a salt rub for him and a much needed massage for me). Then, at 5 PM, he left for a business trip. That part wasn't perfect. I'll miss him this week - it'll be the longest we have been apart since we met! But, I have two dogs to keep me company, and Amanda and I are planning on doing some kool aid dying some time this week also.

In knitting news - I worked a bit on my Flame Cardigan - go past the dividing for the armholes... which is a big accomplishment, considering I have to put down my knitting every two seconds to take the puppy out, remove something from his mouth, or chase him out of someplace he shouldn't be.

I also finished the quilt class homework last night. If I ever mention that I want to do paper piecing, please slap me upside the head. Thanks. Maybe some pictures when I get home tonight.

3 comments:

said...

Happy Anniversary! Puppy walks, how I miss them. I remember my husky when he was a pup, so cudly and cute. Then so large and strong.
I went back to Flame and have 1" left on my ribbing. Thinking I may start the lace once I "try" on the ribbing. Don't want it too deep, but it's hard to decide.
chrisknits

said...

My condolences on the loss of your grandfather.

Happy anniversary.

said...

I'm sorry about your grandfather, and your mom's dog...they'll both live on in your thoughts you know, and while that's not the same as their physical presence, it's a good thing.

Kiss that puppy and oh yeah, the older doggie sibling too!

Sara www.glbt-knit.com/saras
saraterry@gmail.com