Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Spearfish Progress

As promised last night... my Spearfish update:

I'm making the medium size... and I thought they would be too big. Usually I cast on 72 stitches for a normal sock for me... but when I try them on, the cuff is actually a little snug! I'm liking the pattern, and LOVING the Opal Hand dyed that I picked from my stash. I must have gotten this yarn about 2 years ago... it doesn't pool, and the colors are great. I was nervous using a variegated yarn for this pattern, but it's turning out nicely:


to the toe Posted by Hello

I doubt that the second sock will go as quickly, as this was all done with 'found' time, sitting waiting for the plane, in the taxi, and in the hotel... plus - I have the disadvantage of size 10 feet!

2 comments:

said...

Looks great!!! I had thought about using varigated yarn, too. But wasn't sure how it would turn out. Think I might have to make another pair ...

said...

Looks fantastic- the fact that the colours don't pool, and don't overwhelm the design is reassuring- I may end up doing mine with some handpainted opal too... Maybe..