Friday, April 01, 2005

I knew I signed up for one!

Jodi pointed out that she was the one who I asked to interview me! So here goes my answers to her questions:

1. I've seen a remarkable number of ponchos in your archives. How many ponchos have you knitted, and which is your favorite?
Let's see. I made one for myself. It was the cabled blue one. I wore it to a family get together in the fall, and EVERYONE wanted one. And then I found the Simply Harlot Pattern - which is easy and fast. I made one for my cousin, and one for my mother in law. Then, my little nieces wanted some.... and who can resist 6 year old girls asking for knitted items? I know I can't! So that makes it 5 ponchos. I was totally sick of them by the end of the last one. I also made the Cape Point cape - which is 'poncho-like'... and I fell in love with the yarn more than the pattern. I get complements on that one everytime I wear it - and I would say that one is my favorite, even though it's not technically a poncho.

2. How do you feel about the nasty backlash against ponchos that's going around the blog world right now? Does it bug you that the bitches couldn't give the poncho knitters one more freaking year to enjoy their ponchos before declaring them passe? How many knitbloggers do you reckon there are publicly declaring they'll never knit a poncho while secretly frogging the one they never finished last fall?
I think that the blog world should just let people knit in peace. The poncho is still 'cool' - whenever I wear mine (the blue one) everyone says - hey neat poncho! I knit things that interest me, and try not to let others opinion of projects effect me. I've knitted enough poncho's though, and probably won't make another one (unless a good friend begs).

3. I see you make a lot of quilts. Do you have a huge stash of unfinished quilts? Do you have boxes of quilts in progress that have moved to more than one residence with you? Have you ever sewn an entire quilt top by hand, or do you think that's a dumbass waste of time? (read: should I just break down and use a machine, or let that one moulder in its box forever?)
I would NEVER hand sew a quilt! How would you ever finish it!? A dumbass waste of time is exactly how I would describe it for me. But then again, my grandmother handquilts everything, and she loves it. Depends on the person, I guess. Amazingly, I only tend to have one quilt in progress at a time. So, I've moved with fabric, but never a half-finished quilt.

4. You're turning 30 soon. . . how do you feel about that? Are you ready to kiss your 20s goodbye or do you want to hang on?
The 20's were fun, but the 30s I assume will be great also. I don't mind getting old - that is the goal right!? To got older?

5. Someone I love dearly (except for his gross, unhealthy obsession with fish) used to breed crazy ornamental goldfish, and loves to freak me out by telling me how he would gently coax the eggs out of the fish BY HAND. Do you love fish this much? Could you ever milk a goldfish of its eggs with your fingers? Isn't it disgusting?
I think fish are nice. My affinity to them comes more from my love of swimming and water than with the actual fish themselves. When I change the water in my fish tank, I use a net to scoop the buggers out - and I definitely would NOT milk a goldfish. That is super gross.

Well - that was fun! I'll interview anyone that asks me! I'm sure you know the rules, but here they are again:

1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions here. They will be different questions than the ones below.
3. You will update YOUR blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

0 comments: