Monday, March 28, 2005

Food, motorcycles and knitting weekend!

This weekend was so great. It was a fun combination of everything I love.

First, work let us go home at 2 PM - which was sweet. I still got home at the same time, because I made some stops along the way (hardware store, grocery store, kitchen store). That night, I started some wallpaper peeling on the dining room - and Aaron and I make a cheesecake in preparation for a big 'Easter' dinner with our friends on Saturday night.

Saturday morning, we woke up, I continued peeling wallpaper while Aaron made the first trip to the storage unit with Ross (one of our motorcycle 'gang' members). They picked up his motorcycle. Then, they come home, got me and Aaron and we brought ours home. All winter, I don't ride, and I forget just how much I love riding my motorcycle. It's just such a great feeling, so much fun and so exhilarating! Hard to explain, really.

We got home, and while the guys changed the oil on all the bikes, I went upstairs and did more work on the wallpaper removal. At 3, I stopped with the walls, and got dinner going. My friends started arriving at 4, and we had an amazing dinner of ham, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, and rolls, and then the cheesecake for dinner!

Yum!

Sunday was a day of just relaxing. I woke up, and Aaron made me Eggs Benedict (yum again) and then I started knitting on his birthday scarf. And that is about all I did for the rest of the day. I was going to do more wallpaper removal - but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Great weekend, but no pictures to show. I'll do that tonight, I promise.

1 comments:

said...

Greetings from a fellow motorcycling knitter (or knitting motorcyclist?)
Yay for busting out the bikes!
Lara
'03 Kawi 636
'01 Aprilia RSVR