Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Girls Weekend

This past weekend was a long weekend for me! I love long weekends! And, this one was made even more fun by going away to my family's cabin in the Berkshires with a bunch of my girlfriends. We went up on Friday night, and Saturday morning went for a snowshoe and shopping, and got massages Sunday! It was nice and relaxing - a good break from all the house excitement and day-to-day work stress.

I got home Sunday night and found that Aaron had already started packing! That makes the house more real. We went back to the house for a chimney inspection on the fireplace, and found out that the whole lining needs to be replaced. They came back with a dollar amount to give us for us to fix it - and that was the final sticking point! So, we are full steam ahead.

In knitting news, I finished the body of the Bpt sweater, and about 12 inches of the first sleeve. I also did work on the Sockapalooza Sock, which is looking great. I would say that I will take pictures tonight, but I am SO busy, I give no guarantees.

In 'knittingish' news - I finally picked up the book for the Knit1 Read2 book club, The Plot Against America. I'm traveling for work this next week, so I'm sure I can get the book read for the discussion at the end of the month.

0 comments: