Monday, January 24, 2005

Blizzard and Secret Pal info!

So. I've been trying to get out of Boston to go to Chicago for work all weekend. I failed. I'm leaving tonight.

Instead of flying, I've been working on a chunky yarn sweater for my mother for her birthday. I hate it. She'll love it. So it goes. No picture, because I hate the color. Maybe when I finish it.

Since I'll be gone for a few days, I thought I'd post my list for my secret pal:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I'm not really a yarn snob - I'll use an acrylic blend at times. But usually I will buy wool.. and I've only made one cotton sweater in my 20 plus years of knitting.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I don't spin... and I'm somewhat hopeless at crochet.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) No real severe allergies.
4. How long have you been knitting? Since I was very young, I'd guess 6.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I'm not a fan of scented candles but I love any type of bubble bath. Taking a bath is one of my favorite things. Right now, I don't even have a bath in my house! But that will change on Feb 18th when Aaron and I move to our new house!
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? But of course. Dark chocolate. And peanut butter. Fabulous.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I do a lot of quilting. I've just starting making beaded things.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like a lot of different kinds of music.. from country to techno... anything with a good beat that I can groove to. And yes - I have an MP3 player.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Purple is my very favorite color of all time.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm married, with a dog.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) Right now, lets keep it simple. I want a house (got it! Just need to move in) and kids (we are practicing...haha). I think about some sort of fiber related career, but don't know if I want to turn my hobby into a job.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I pretty much like them all!
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I do think that the fun fur stuff is weird.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I seem to be making a lot of zipper cardigan lately.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Sweaters and hats.
17. What are you knitting right now? A sweater for my mother, a cardigan for myself, a sock for my sock pal, and a scarf for myself
18. What do you think about ponchos? I like them - I've actually made a bunch. 2 for me.19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Denise interchangeable only!
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? see above
21. Are you a sock knitter? Yes
22. How did you learn to knit? My mother taught me
23. How old is your oldest UFO? A five year old baby blanket. I was making it for a friend, feel in love with it, so decided to keep it, but can't bring myself to finish it because I don't have a baby yet!
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Hm. I don't know.25. What is your favorite holiday? My birthday.... or Christmas.
26. Is there anything that you collect? I love anything with Flames on it - I have flames on my car, my motorcycle, my wallet, my dogs collar - I think you get the idea.

0 comments: