Friday, December 03, 2004

Body, Spirit, Threads

That is the name of Lizzie Upitis (yes, I've totally been spelling her name wrong) and her partner in Fiber Crime, Eleni Zohdi's new studio. They had a wonderful Grand Opening Party - food, wine and a great space to do all they plan on - teaching fiber arts (Lizzie with knitting, and Eleni with sewing) and Sound Meditation! In person, they are both warm and welcoming, and I'm excited to attend future workshops and classes there.

Amanda and I chickened out on taking pictures. It was a small gathering, and we would have looked weird.

Anyway - we rounded off the night with some tasty Indian food, and going to the local bead store. We signed up for a private lesson (exciting!) in beading - but she is booked until January. We can wait. I also got a really neat glass bead that looks fun on it's own. Maybe I'll take a picture of it to show off later.

I did get some knitting done on the Monster Boring Blueberry Jacket. It's all together now, and hard to work with... which is one of the reasons I'm not sold on the idea of sweaters that are put together 'as you go'. I understand the allure of no seaming, but the garments (even a normal sweater - nevermind the over-sized jacket!) gets so large, that you can't carry it with you anywhere. And when you pull it out of work on it, it's heavy to maneuver. I think I'd rather take the extra few hours at the end to seam everything together.

TGIF! This week at work has been very busy, and so has Aaron's. I'm looking forward to spending some relaxation time this weekend!

0 comments: