Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Back to knitting

Last night I was able to get to the knitting night at the World in Stitches. I took my friend Paula with me, and we had a blast. I started putting the non-felted borders on Aaron's Vest - and got on armhole done. It looks great.

But - I have to admit. I have finally reached the point where I have some yarn-buying guilt. I see things that I love, and I'll buy them. This usually evens out - as I knit up most of what I buy. But recently, I've been visiting lots of new yarn stores, getting stuff on sale at Elaan, and also having people give me stuff as presents. Plus - Aaron's family has a rule that between thanksgiving and Christmas, you aren't supposed to buy anything for yourself (to avoid Christmas present issues). In the face of fabulous yarn, I am weak.

So. Weak.

Last night I got this super fun ribbon and groovy eyelash yarn for a scarf for me. And also yarn for a hat. And finally, another set of Denise interchangeables. I need them for sure. My yarn store doesn't always have those in stock, and the price is supposed to be going up in January. How could I resist?

0 comments: