Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Star Sampler Fix

Last night I spent a lot of time fixing the Star Sampler Quilt. This is a project that has no use once it's finished - but I'm obsessed with getting it done. It's basically a wall hanging that we were making in my Wednesday night quilt class. We have no real wall space to hang it. So - I decided to make it a twin size quilt. But we have no twin sized beds. Ah, the joy of obsession. I have a few Christmas-time gifts (the sparkley Scarf for Lexi, Vest for Aaron, and a new addition - a scarf for Betsey) that I wanted to get done... and they are all on the back burner until I finish up this quilt!

I think the main reason for the obsession is that before I realized I had to rip the whole thing out, I made an appointment to drop it off with Melissa (my machine quilter). I hate canceling my slot with her.

Anyway - I've got it to the point where I ripped it out the first time. I only have the borders to add on, which is no biggie. It will certainly be ready for Saturday, so I can rest easy.

I also did some steam blocking on my Blueberry Jacket last night, and it looks much improved. I like it so much, that I even posted a picture! See below. It isn't the best picture - but it's hard to get home in time for a daylight picture.

Tonight I will be knitting at the World in Stitches. My next goal is to get Aaron's Christmas vest done. I need to do that for both Aaron and for the man-a-long!

0 comments: