Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Handspun!

I didn't finish my Feb socks - and that's ok. The bigger emergency was to get my knitting mojo back, and I did it in the form of some hand spun yarn. More than a few Cummingtons ago, I bought a fleece thinking that I would get a sweater out of it. I had it processed into pencil roving, thinking that would be something even I, a very, very, VERY novice spinner could make some good yarn out of it.


And then I had two babies.


And the fleece was sitting there. I organized my yarn room and had this plan to see if I could give some good spinner a bunch of my very nice fleece in return for spinning up this fleece. And I did! A wonderful woman from my spinning group volunteered, and did an amazing job. I'm knitting the pattern, Town and Country from the book A Fine Fleece:

I'm loving it.

2 comments:

said...

How's the yarn quantity going? Will you be able to do full sleeves?

said...

So glad you like it. It's knitting up just as I imagined it. I almost didn't want to give it back :)