Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January Sock done!

Finished these up last night! Good start to the sock club year - finished in plenty of time for the month, and already have someone they are going to.
Pattern: Slouch Socks from Not Just More Socks
Yarn:Sock Garden from Knit Picks
Needles: Size 0

This was a nice, well written, easy pattern. I loved the yarn too! Which is no longer available... but I wouldn't get more, at least for socks for me, as it's not machine washable. But the socks are SO soft and nice. They are going to be a perfect birthday present for my husband's best friend's fiance. Say that 3 times fast. She has been nagging at me for a pair of socks for a while, and her birthday is on January 29th. Perfect timing.

Last night, I pulled out the next month's socks - I was feeling a bit of startitis coming on... so hoping new socks are a good way to stave it off:

I've had this pattern in my stash since I started knitting socks over 10 years ago - for whatever reason I never made them. Now is the time! And the yarn is Dream in Color Smooshy. If you can believe it, I've never knitted socks out of this yarn!

0 comments: