Saturday, November 28, 2009

Cutie Pie!

Ok... as you can see, I have been knitting, even if I haven't been blogging!

These are what I was thinking I would bring the girls home from the hospital in, but they are just a little big. Don't you love the colors though!?

Pattern: Sweetie Pie by Jill Eaton

Yarn: Manos Del Uruguay Cotton Stria, on size 4 needles

The button is really supposed to be the back of the sweater - but I can see it being worn both ways. Their is also a matching hat that I have finished for the pink sweater, but not done with the orange one yet!

When I looked at other versions of this sweater on Ravelry, many people commented on how silly it was that this was knit in pieces (and the hat is seamed in the back - wtf?). If I didn't have the majority of my brain power being sucked out my uterus, I probably would have knit them in one piece.... but I just blindly followed the directions and it wasn't all that bad.

Phew. 3 more sweaters (and even a finished scarf) to show off. One of them the Fishling has already grown out of! Let's see if I can manage to blog them all between now and the time I have the girls... 3 more sleeps until we are a family of 5. Not as if I'm counting or anything.

2 comments:

said...

The are so cute and bright. Good luck with it, you probably are a family of 5 now, well if you lived over here you would be, again good luck tomorrow (there).

said...

Beautiful job :)