Monday, June 29, 2009

The dismantling of the yarn room and lilies!

The twins will be living in the yarn room when they make their appearance in December. There is a HUGE amount of work to do to make that room 'livable'. It's the only room that we haven't done any work on - and it needs new flooring, wallpaper removal, painting and new windows. My stash has happily lived there and expanded over the past 5 years. In order to begin demo/renovations, the stash needs to move OUT. I started moving things into the guest room this weekend - and it was a bit daunting. Daunting, but doable. My goal is to make major progress by the end of the upcoming weekend. I'm doubtful -but trying to remain optimistic.

In the meantime, even though we have had minimal sun over the past month, my lily gardens are starting to show signs of life:

I planted hundreds of Asiatic lilies in one garden:

And then a huge amount of day lilies in a side yard:


I just love lilies, and I'm so glad they are starting to bloom.

2 comments:

said...

I love those lilies too. Sorry you have to give up your yarn/studio space but I'm sure you're just happy to do it?! I'm looking forward to a time when I can do that too.

My turk's cap lilies have some spidery looking thing on them and aren't open like all the other lilies. Do you have any knowledge of that?

said...

I hope the stash is not jealous of the new additions when they arrive!