Wednesday, May 06, 2009

A 3 year in the making FO

Phew. I have been knitting, but nothing finished yet. Mostly, I want to sleep. Deja vu, anyone?

But - I did get back a quilt I've been working on for AGES. I think I started this about 3 years ago, back when we had a queen sized bed. I was about 50% done with it, when Aaron and I got a new bedroom set. As we drove home (I was all excited about my new furniture) I realized that I needed to double the size of the quilt. It took another full year to finish up the piecing.

Totally worth the pain, I must admit:

This is the most 'arty' quilt I've ever made. I based it on a kit from Keepsake quilting (which isn't available anymore) but I needed to triple the number of squares to get this size.

Now I'm going to need to get new curtains (the ones I have now are Roman shades I made myself and let's just say it wasn't a great effort).


This is the biggest and most fabulous quilt I've ever made! When I put it on the bed last night, I just couldn't stop looking at it.

11 comments:

said...

Your quilt is lovely and purple is one of my favorite colors - I'd have a hard time not looking at it in place too!

said...

So pretty!

said...

Your quilt is lovely!! Definitely worth the effort ;)

said...

Awesome!!

said...

I love, LOVE that quilt!!

said...

quite beautiful...almost enough to make me want to start quilting!

said...

Gorgeous quilt - I love the colors and the pattern...

said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! Love the pattern.

said...

I love this! It's so beautiful!

said...

Yay you! Did you hand quilt it, or machine? That's a football field of work!!!

said...

That is amazing. Well done!