Monday, December 01, 2008

Getting all matchy-matchy

I got a bug in my butt a few days ago that I should have brand new socks for when I'm in labor. I know, I know - they get all messy and I may lose them blah blah blah. Don't try to rationalize with the lady who is 39w3d pregnant.


I wanted to use a super happy color and a 'fun for me' pattern, so I did a 64 stitch sock in the Baby Cable Rib pattern using STR Medium wieght in Pride. Love. It. Then, I decided that the baby needed a matching pair. So I made those using Amy King's Baby Keep Your Socks on pattern:

If you look closely, you'll notice that the baby socks have one cuff smaller than the other. Meh. I don't think the baby will notice. And I ran out of yarn. Whatev.

Um. As I was pulling up these pictures, I was noticing the date was December 1st. EEK. Baby is expected by the 5th, and my doc won't let me go any later than Dec 12th.....

3 comments:

said...

Oooooh, so close!! Any day now!
Your socks will be fine. And I love the matchy matchy.

said...

Good Luck with everything, you and Aaron must be so excited. I can't wait to see what you have. The socks are so cute, and you are right the baby won't notice the smaller cuff.

said...

that has got to be the cutest thing ever!!

P.s. what if the baby DID notice??