Monday, August 18, 2008

Going for the Gold...

Progress continues apace on the Cabled Wrap:

I'm at 24 inches of the 36 required for the smaller rectangle. I took a close up of the cables so everyone can understand why I'm determined to finish the damn thing:
It's just so pretty, I can't bear to leave it unfinished!

Nothing super exciting to report here otherwise. I'm 6 months pregnant, and feeling good. The baby likes to kick my bladder really hard if I let it get too full (MOM! I need SPACE! kickkickkick). I continue to enjoy the whole no news is good news pregnancy. We did go out an order our crib this weekend - Aaron actually found this (Baby's Dream Ocean) somewhat 'normal' one in a sea of insanely fancy (and expensive) ones:

We got the crib and a 'dressing station'. The one bit of advice EVERYONE with babies has given me is to not get a changing table that is open underneath - the one we got has drawers, and can be the baby's dresser as it get older.

Other bit of news that I may not have mentioned here is that Aaron got a new job! Much closer to home and bigger $$$. We are both really excited. His current job has been under new management for the past 6 months, and I can't even explain to you how much his work life has changed since then. He really needed to get out - and is going from a huge corporation to a small, but mature, start up company. I think it's going to be a great change. He starts next week!

4 comments:

said...

Those cables are gorgeous! It looks like you're making great progress.

said...

...what a beautiful wrap....cute furniture, too!

said...

The wrap is looking good and your on the home stretch of the pregnancy also.

said...

The nursery furniture if lovely. A similar dresser on order for our grand daughter two weeks before she was born, she is now over 3 weeks and after the wrong one turning up, it still hasn't arrived. Order cancelled and now shopping for another one is needed.