Friday, May 02, 2008

Knitting? What's that?

You know how some blogs get really quiet for a bit, and then they post up that 3 month ultrasound picture and say - I'm sorry I haven't really been knitting - but the past 3 months I've been just too tired? When I saw those posts, I was like - I'll NEVER be too tired to knit.

Ha.

Today marks week 9 of this pregnancy, and I've thankfully not had to deal with too much morning sickness - but I have been very very very tired. And it's like whatever effort is being done in my uterus is sucking away brain power - because I pretty much can't figure out any directions at all. I have to put away (like all of the way upstairs in the yarn room put away)the Firebirds after ripping out the same row 10 times. It took me 2 nights to figure out the math on turning a heel over 36 stitches on a heel flap. And when I do finally sit down to figure out where I was last time I was knitting, I start to want to go to sleep within 30 minutes.

Needless to say, absolutely nothing picture worthy, and I'm thinking that all socks knit in the next 7 months will be Monkeys - because I actually wrote down what it was I did for the heel, and I can handle the patterning.

11 comments:

said...

Those first few months are exhausting; even after 23 years, I remember that! Take it easy and rest whenever you can; it takes a lot of energy to build a baby :-)

said...

The "fuzzy brain" stuff gets better after the first trimester...until the baby is born.
Then it lasts for 18+ years. ;)
I hardly knit at all during my pregnancies, but the mojo (and energy) does eventually return!

said...

Grin - the good news is that your pregnancy is skipping along! I didn't think I'd see the day that you slowed down with knitting ;) It'll come back - not to worry. And squeeee! There's a baby in there!

said...

Poor thing. You'll be able to knit soon.

said...

ooh, you should work more on the log cabin blanket... it's garter stitch, right?

said...

I went through a slow-down, too.. and then the desire to knit picked back up again. Now I want to knit but just can't get two hands free to do it! :)

said...

Never mind, the end result is worth all the tiredness. It usually passes soon you will get a burst of energy, but then it will slow abit later in pregnancy. Best wishes.

said...

There's nothing wrong with lots of Monkey socks :) Rest up!

said...

Cece, glad to hear your news! The first trimester is absolutely exhausting... Stay well, and knit when you can. Some things are (gasp!) more important than knitting, and cooking up a baby is one of them.

Cara (from the Stow knitting group)

said...

Hah. Now you are a mere mortal knitter again and you know what the rest of us go through. Heh.

said...

Yes, I remember those days. I think that I slept, woke up to go to work, took a nap, woke up to eat dinner, slept. It gets better. Of course, then the baby arrives and you again are exhausted, but for an entirely different reason.