Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's time...

For mittens. I only have ONE pair! How insane is that? A knitter with cold hands is totally unacceptable.

I'm finally knitting up the hand dyed, hand spun yarn I bought when I was in Portland. It is such special and wonderful yarn, I was having a lot of problems deciding what to knit with it. I knew mittens for sure, but was nervous that I would run out of yarn (I only have 3.75 ozs). I need not have worried - I'll totally have enough. I'm using EZs Mitered mitten pattern, and they are the most perfect pair of mittens I have ever made!
I have a weird, long thumb, so most mittens take a lot of rework on my part. EZ uses and afterthought thumb - which is AWESOME. I love it.

I would say expect finished mittens tomorrow - but I really really really want to finish my Icarus. Maybe a blocking picture of that tomorrow? The suspense is killing you, I'm sure.

1 comments:

said...

Lovely mitten! You'll have to tell me about afterthought thumbs sometime.