Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's snowing!

Take a look at my front yard! I'm REALLY glad that Aaron and I planted my bulbs this weekend. Looks like we got them done just in time.
I've come to the harsh realization that it's going to be 60 degrees on Thanksgiving. Sure, it may be snowing now, but hey, it's New England! Not really the right weather for wearing my Icarus (remember, I'm doing it in worsted weight). So - even though I'm on the final chart of edging, I still have about 10 hours of knitting. 500 + stitches a row will do that to you! I'm going to keep on plugging away at, but don't plan on killing myself to get it done.

Instead, I've been learning how to do punchneedle embroidery. I freaking love it! It's fun, and the results are really sweet. I guess you can compare it to rug hooking, but on a much smaller scale.
I'm making this cute little snowman.... looks like just in time for the snow to begin! The pattern can be found here. I know the picture sucks... but you get the idea.

4 comments:

said...

Winter, bleh. Although I will admit that the first snowfall is always pretty, and that it's easier to curl up and knit (or crochet, or embroider) when it's cold out.

said...

Winter has arrived here in Westford too! We are heading up to New Hampshire for Thanksgiving so I am sure the snow will be there as well. I like your punch embroidery. I have a project like that going on as well. I will have to pick it up again. Just too much spinning and knitting going on right now. Happy Thanksgiving!

said...

I wish I lived where it snowed at this time of year. We have had about 5 days of rain and cooler weather, but muggy. Summer has been bursting through and the river is looking pretty inviting for a swim.

said...

Well, Elwin said he will like one hung over his water dish, or at least, he will pose next to a finished one if you want him to. He indicated he has been on your blog as an assistant in a while.