Friday, October 12, 2007

I loves it.

So, you know how much I loved the Precious Cardigan? I love this throw just as much. It's the Hemlock Ring Doily Throw from Brooklyn Tweed.



I knit mine with size 9 needles, using Eco + (shade 7076, a periwinkle blue). I cast on for this on Saturday, and finished it off yesterday. The color above is NOT the true color - the last post is more the shade. Have I mentioned I loved knitting this? The pattern was totally easy, and the finished product is wonderful. Mine is about 53 inches across, so a good lap sized, 'watching TV' soft of blanket. Oh, and the total cost for the whole project was $30? What perfect gift knitting?!

This is being gifted on Wednesday to my mother in law for her 60th birthday. Let's hope she loves it as much as I do!

8 comments:

said...

The speed knitter is at it again. The hemlock throw is lovely. I think everyone who has seen it on his blog are keen to knit it.

said...

That is the most gorgeous throw I've ever seen. Great job! What a wonderful gift for your mother-in-law.

said...

You have inspired me!

said...

Magnificent! It looks like an ever-expanding feather & fan.

said...

Your MIL will love it! Just beautiful!

said...

THAT is gorgeous! Very fortunate Mother in law!

said...

Cece, it is gorgeous! Now I really have to knit one (the yarn is marinating in stash :)

said...

I love that. I have that blanket on my list for a Christmas gift, and I was trying to stay away from wool (I have a feeling it'll get machine washed), but I so love how it looks in the Eco wool.