Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Birthday Socks!

Well - here is the finished secret knitting:

I can't stop hanging knitted items and yarn in my pretty trees...
These are for my friend Tarsha, whose birthday is today! Tarsha is a knitter, who has NO HANDKNIT SOCKS. It's shocking, I know. It didn't show up in the picture, but this yarn has a little sparkle in it - very nice.

Details:

Heatwave Socks

Yarn: Glitz from Cherry Tree Hill

Needles: Size 1 dpns

This yarn was NOT my favorite knitting up - but I think some of the fault was my needle choice - I was using VERY pointy metal DPNs (figuring those are usually faster for me) but it made the yarn spilty. And - while knitting - the yarn wasn't very soft. I gave it a little bath last night, and now it is super soft! This is the 3rd time I've knit this pattern, and still love it. It's just a basic formula, and you get your gauge and pick from a huge range of different stitch counts. It works for all different kinds of yarn and foot sizes. I love it! Thanks AGAIN Kristi!

Oh, and by the way, 2 out of 17.

2 comments:

said...

Oooo, I was able to see the shiny in the larger version. What a fun pair of socks! I hope the birthday girl enjoys them :-)

said...

Thank you very much. Can't wait to wear them.