Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Now I'm boring myself....

OK. Seems like everything that could be said about Camp already has (and better than I could do)... so I'll leave you with a few pictures that I bet others won't post.

First, we aren't really a 'drinking' house. It isn't that we don't have a glass of wine or beer every once in a while, but never to access. Every once in a while I like to tear it up. To do so while at a resort where I didn't have to drive anywhere seemed like a good idea (at the time). In addition, I was somewhat obsessed with knitting on my new socks (more on those in a later post).

I give you a picture of me knitting lace socks after three margaritas, a good portion of 2 bottles of wine, topped off with a beer:
Surprisingly.... the next day, I took a look at the sock - no mistakes! Lesson learned - possibly knitting while drunk is an OK thing!?

But then, it was time for the 'campfire' and someone handed the drunk girl a pointy metal stick, threw 4 marshmallows on it, and told me to go towards the (rather large) bonfire and roast them. Heh heh.

I was having a bit too much fun, and apparently trying to convince people to go swimming naked in the bay. Surprisingly, no one took me up on the offer.

Ok - onto the cute pictures. On last day, we had a contest to see what team could knit the fastest with one person holding each needle. It was pretty hard.... and my new friend Carla and I gave it the old college try - but there was another crazy team that did something like 26 rows in 10 minutes. I think we did maybe 11?

But we had fun.

Then, it was time to go back to Portland and meet up with Aaron again. I finished up some toddler socks for my niece - think she liked them?
As I was leaving to go Sock Camp - Addy saw me knitting a pair of socks, and asked - 'Aunt Cece, could you make ME a pair of socks?!'. Could you resist that face! Of course - they just fit her exactly. She'll grow out of them in weeks. Obviously she is now on my sock knitting rotation.

6 comments:

said...

Yippee - Addy got her socks! You rock!

said...

I was so excited, I saw your photo on another blog elsewhere, at The Harlot's Boat trip things, wearing The Marmalade cardi!! Fantastic!!!

said...

It appears you had a lot of fun at sock camp!

said...

It all sounds so much fun, I can't see your pictures, I will try again later and see if I can.

said...

Looks like a fantastic time!

said...

bwaaaahhh..


Real nice, CeCe!

:o)
(That s'more was actually surprisingly delicious).