Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My New Addiction

Entrelac:

This bag is SO much fun to knit. I'm very close to finishing, but have run out of yarn. If you read the directions (which for once, I carefully did, as knitting this is a first for me) it says to cast on with one color, and then do the next set of squares in another color. But - if you go up to the yarn requirements, it contradicts that. I figured it was a typo in the yardage requirements, as it said the color more than a few times in the written directions, so I just went with it.

I quickly realized (but not after 6 + hours of knitting) that I made the wrong decision. Then, I thought I should call the company I bought the kit from, Knitability, and ask them if they still sold the yarn (I was worried, as I bought this kit back in 2003). Well, the owner called me back, and she knew exactly which pattern and colorway that I was talking about - and the mistake. She wouldn't take the money for an extra skein - and is sending me one more in the mail! What an awesome company!

And this is such a fun thing to knit . I recommend that anyone who has wanted to try Entrelac, but have been intimidated, to give one of their kits a try - very detailed and understandable directions.

Oh! And not only am I learning Entrelac - but when Amanda came over on Monday, she was knitting on Argosy , and reminded me that knitting backwards made a lot of sense with the little entrelac squares - so I forced myself to learn that - and know the knitting is flying. It's great fun.

3 comments:

said...

That is lovely. Are you going to felt it?

said...

Its going to be amazing!

said...

Didn't I tell you that entrelac is addicting?