Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Cross another one off the list...

Last night was quilting night and I finished a set of placemats for my Dad for Christmas:



If you can believe it, this is the first thing he ever asked me to make him when he found out I knew how to sew. These are such a fast and easy gift! I cut the fabric to 13 inches by 18 inches, put a piece of batting in the middle, and did some MINIMAL machine quilting. I threw on the binding (not even hand stitching it - I used the machine) and called it a day. They took me 2 hours - and that included cutting the fabric!

Tomorrow morning, I'm on my way to Key West for vacation! I need to decide what knitting to bring with me....

2 comments:

said...

LOve the placemats. Pituy sewing is a mystery when I get to the machine only if ti works its self and tells me when it wants cotton am i ok.

said...

Be sure to wave as you go by :-)