Monday, October 02, 2006

So excited....

I'll even show you with a crappy blurry picture. My finished Klaralund!!!!!


It's going to be rainy and crappy here in New England for a bit, so figured I'd give a teaser before the real modeling show. I'm going to wait to give all my upsizing tips until then also, because I'll need a few more pictures to show what I've done. I must admit, I'm VERY pleased with the results.

Finishing this gave me the green light to start my Shetland Triangle. Amanda already finished hers, so it isn't really an 'knitalong' but look how great her's turned out! Usually my self control isn't that good to hold off starting something until I finish the current WIP - I blame that on mailing time to get the book (Wrap Style) and Amanda's excellent use of guilt. Here is the progress so far:



I was surprised to see how nicely Amanda's blocked - remember we are using 100% rayon yarn from Blue Heron. This is a fun pattern - actually recommended by Grumperina.

4 comments:

said...

It's Gorgeous!! I love it. You did a great job and it looks like it fits perfectly.

said...

KLARALUND!!!! Yay! And now, it looks like the shawl is zipping right along- I found that it was a very satisfying knit, although I sweated it out at the end when I wasn't sure if I had gone 'too far' with too many repeats and came close to the end of the yarn... we'll see how far yours goes- the colors are so great- whoever picked out that yarn must be a really wonderful person...

said...

I love it-it's beautiful.

You're gonna kill me, I can't go to the festival. Sigh. Some health stuff has crept up on me.

said...

It looks great. I love the colors!