Thursday, August 17, 2006

Yarn P0rn (and yet another new project)

It's time for a little show and tell... as a bunch of new yarn has entered the house that I haven't admitted to! But, a few have been gifts...

First, Laurie started my birthday off a little early with this awesome kit:



I love the colors... and that shawl looks fun, but not too complicated!

Susan saw this sock yarn, and she said it just screamed 'CECE!' so she brought it home for me:



And, while I was ordering fleece from Harrisville, I saw this Cashmere yarn that needed to be included in the order:



I'm thinking of making the Austrian Stitch sweater with it.

In other news, I started yet ANOTHER project last night. My husband's brother just moved in with his girlfriend of many years... and she has an almost 5 year old (her birthday is this month) daughter. Lainey is starting kindergarten soon, and I've never knit her a sweater... so thought it would be a nice 'welcome to the family, new school, birthday sweater). And since Lainey likes to dress up as a princess, it had to be hot pink! But she is also living on Nantucket, so I felt that it needed to have a 'fisherman's sweater' feel to it:



I'm using Encore Chunky, and the pattern is 4070 from Sirdar - should be a fast knit!

6 comments:

said...

Heyyyyyy.... that Cherry Tree Hill yarn is what I bought when you STOLE the yarn I REALLY wanted to buy! I made a scarf size Clapotis out of it. You know, cuz like, I buy yarn and then actually make something out of it right away. It is this weird thing that I do. Creepy.

said...

That sweater is just a sweet thing to do.

said...

Enjoyed reading your blog. The new yarn is really pretty and looks like it will be fun to knit. I especially love the nipple car and the pink angels! What a great time for a good cause!

said...

A perfect gift for a little Princess. I love the colors of all the yarn!

said...

Sea-Shell Murmurs

The hollow sea-shell, which for years hath stood
On dusty shelves, when held against the ear
Proclaims its stormy parents; and we hear
The faint far murmur of the breaking flood.
We hear the sea. The sea? It is the blood
In our own veins, impetuous and near,
And pulses keeping pace with hope and fear
And with our feeling’s every shifting mood.
Lo, in my heart I hear, as in a shell,
The murmur of a world beyond the grave,
Distinct, distinct, though faint and far it be.
Thou fool; this echo is a cheat as well,—
The hum of earthly instincts; and we crave
A world unreal as the shell-heard sea.

Clue Number 6

said...

I love the Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn!