Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Figure 8ing...

Yesterday, I made great progress on my Figure 8 shawl. I was trapped on conference calls at work the whole day, and I knit when I could!



There are the 2 finished center motifs blocking. I was nervous that I wasn't going to be able to get them to the 24 X 14 inch size the pattern calls for, but once wet - they blocked to that size no problem.

Do you see my fun new gadget in the picture? It's a "chart keeper", a magnetic board to put your pattern on, from Knitpicks. I saw it on someone's blog, and knew I had to have it. My sticky note method often backfires (when the note ceases being sticky, usually). It's awesome, and folds up to the perfect size to fit in my purse.

On a final note, I yet AGAIN blew by my Blogiversey without mentioning anything! As of August 23rd, I've been doing this for 2 years. This blog has been with me through a move, from very stressful times at work, getting a new puppy, and too many to count knitting and sewing projects. And, I've met some pretty wonderful people! Here's to many more blog years to come.

10 comments:

said...

Oh the figure eights are fantastic. They are wonderful!! Happy Bloggiversary too!!!

said...

I just ordered that chart keeper, too. I've always used a magnetic board for lace but I like the idea of being able to protect the chart more. And the price was great. Plus, I needed another one so I could work on more than one lace project at a time.

said...

Happy Blogiversary and all that jazz. I'm still in jetlag hell. If it were only me it wouldn't be so bad, but Noah is also afflicted and today was the first day of school. Sigh.

The figure eights are beautiful. I knew that freezer yarn would work for something...

said...

Happy blogiversary! I'm glad you're here in this weird little world...

said...

Happy Blogiversary, may I say, I absolutely love that Figure 8. Can't wait to see the final construction, I'm perplexed.

said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'm off to knitpicks - the needles and the chartkeeper have been on my list for a while ;) Sara

said...

The figure 8 Shawl looks amazing so far, the colours will suit you. Donni had one of those magnetic things at SNB, it looks like a really good thing to keep track of patterns. Happy Blogging anniversary, doesn't time fly by when having fun, meeting new people, and knitting away on so many projects.

said...

Cool shawl, I've never seen that pattern before.

Happy 2nd Blogiversary!

said...

Those knitpicks people know how to make cool stuff hey...

said...

Happy blogiversary!! That is a neat shawl pattern. One more thing to add to my list of growing must knits.