Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sweet little things

Well, here is the progress on the Lace Baby sweater so far:

I'm having the same issue as the Harlot had about lace sweaters - I'm actually knitting the 'his' version... because we all know I'm knitting for an unnamed future baby, and everything needs to be gender neutral. I feel like this sweater can definitely be worn by a girl... but a boy? Maybe if I put big truck buttons on it or something. Anyway - it's cute and I love it.

And, look at the fun surprise I got it in the mail from Rox!

Such a fun little package! I stayed home from work yesterday - I've had a headache since MONDAY - and this surprise was waiting for me when I went to check the mail. Thank Rox - for brightening my day, when you are having such a tough time (she lost her much loved cat Sable recently - go over and give her a virtual hug).

7 comments:

said...

just stick to neutral buttons for now and yes can be for either

said...

i love that sweater. i think it would be fun for either gender. and the little giftie from rox is sooo cute. i am glad your go live is over and done, been there, done that.

said...

I think the sweater is adroable, and if you find out it's a boy, some truck buttons would definitely man it up a bit if you were concerned.

said...

top chick that Rox.

said...

Even if it is a boy, the lacy jacket will look adorable, they don't have to be masculine when they are babies, just cute, and that is very cute. My boys (even though it was 23 & 26 years ago) wore lacier knitting than that. Just put nice blue buttons on it so it suits either girl or boy.

said...

I think the sweater is cute, but certainly not overly feminine. As Annie said, babies are just babies. They don't need to wear super manly outfits. If you're worried, just paint a nice moustache on him (if it's a 'he'), and put a nice red sox cap on him, and you'll be all set!

said...

HI cece, As usual you are BUSy Busy busy!! I cant believe how much you get done. I think your felting class for kist sounds great and you have given me some ideas about how to entertain the kidlets this week while their daycare lady is off sick!! Milly will love it!! The Silky wool arrived ALREADY!! Thanks a lot you are a legend! So I have a goody or two here for you as well which I will post next week. The Lace baby cardy looks FAB and is the blue bartlett sweater the "Neck Down Pullover for Women #9724." ? :-) Stripey