Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Perfect After work day

I think I've mentioned before, but I work in IT for a very large company. A project that I am working went 'live' this weekend.... and let's just say it was UGLY. Fortunately, everything is back to normal today (only because they pulled half of the code out)- but yesterday kind of sucked.

The good news is that I had a perfect summer 'after work' day. First, I got on my motorcycle, and drove home. Just that one thing can put me in a better mood - but from there it just got better. I called up Amanda, and she came over for dinner (grilled salmon, grilled summer squash, rice). We then changed into our bathing suits and headed over the White's Pond with the dogs for a little dip. Abby already loves swimming - but Henry hasn't figured it out.... this time - we got him to swim! He was so cute! Little panicked, but cute. On the way home, we hit Erikson's for ice cream (black cherry chip fro yo for me). To round out a perfect evening, Amanda stayed over a little longer, and we knit a bit while matching the Bulletproof Monk on TV.

Contented Sigh.

Tomorrow, I'll show pictures of the very cute baby sweater I'm working on - I have the body done - just the arms (and finishing) to go.

1 comments:

said...

That is a perfect after work day. Glad you had such a nice time.