Thursday, June 08, 2006

Who will stop the rain?

For the first time since I have started training for the 3 Day walk, I couldn't get out of bed this morning. There were 2 reasons. First, Aaron has been out of town all week on business. On Thursday's, I usually get up with him, and he drops me off 5 miles away from home, and I walk back. Today, I was just going to get up and do an 'out and back'... which I hate. I like to either do a big circle route, or actually walk somewhere!

Anyway, the second reason? It is still raining. I'm sick of walking in the rain. I just want the rain TO STOP. I'm bringing all my walking gear with me to work today, in the hope that I have a big enough break in the day to go walk at some point... if not, I'll go tomorrow.

Today, I have 2 reasons to celebrate. First, with all this walking, (and eating right) I've lost 20 pounds! Also, today marks the halfway point for me in my training. So, I've decided to give away my first prize for all of you generous people who have chosen to donate to my walk! (Haven't donated? Please click here!) At this point, we have raised $1280 (the site doesn't reflect matching donations or mail-ins yet) - over halfway to my goal of $2200! I've decided to give away 3 prizes. First place is this purple Cherry Tree Hill laceweight boucle:



I had originally bought this yarn to make a shawl for my wedding, and then realized that my dress, once bustled up, wouldn't really look great with a shawl. Didn't want to look like a humpback on my wedding day. Since then, I haven't really been able to let myself knit anything with it! It needs a new home.

The two other prizes will be scrabble tile stitch markers - personalized to whatever the winner wants! Fun, huh?

So - even you haven't donated, please do so by Saturday morning. After my 15 miles walk, I'll pull a few names!

And thanks again for donating!

8 comments:

said...

Congrats on the 20 lbs! Way to go. You should be really proud of yourself for making such positive changes in your life.

said...

Congratulations on the 20 pounds Cece, that's awesome. You are an inspiration to me.

Also, I finally got around to putting in a donation for you, thanks for your efforts to help cure breast cancer.

said...

Congratulations on the 20 pounds Cece, that's awesome. You are an inspiration to me.

Also, I finally got around to putting in a donation for you, thanks for your efforts to help cure breast cancer.

said...

Congrats on the 20 pounds! That is amazing.

You can send that rain my way :)

said...

whoo hoo! on the walking, weight-loss, and prizes. A day off of the schedule is fine every now and then - sometimes you have to listen to the "rest" voice. --Sara www.saraskates.typepad.com

said...

20 pounds ... wow!! Congratulations, I know how hard it can be to stick to such big changes in your routine.

said...

Congratulations!

said...

AwEsOmE!!!!!
What a great accomplishment!